ORGANIC CACAO NIBS (RAW, PERU)
Containing over 300 active substances, including phenyl, ethylamine and serotine, cacao beans are the raw base for chocolate manufacture. Originating from the tropical climates in South America, the Theobroma cacao tree is sacred amongst the Mayans and Aztecs. On its own, the cacao beans are a fine “superfood” as they foster a variety of antioxidants and other nutrients. Produced by organic growers in Peru, cacao beans contain more antioxidants than red wine and 3 more than green tea, cacao beans embody a rich source of minerals. Harvested by hand as pods, the raw beans are selected for the finest quality and fermented to reduce their initial bitterness. After cleaning the dried beans in natural water, they are peeled and their core extracted to be broken into “nibs”. The production process fully preserves the nutritional value of the cacao without any additives.
Peruvian Cacao Nibs are certified organic by the Soil Association under the code GB-ORG-05.
1) Get Happy With Cacao : Some days you just need to find your bliss – cacao is one of the healthiest foods, you can consume. Cacao contains the mood improver, anandamide – known as the bliss molecule, which creates a feeling of euphoria.
2) As an aphrodisiac – Another mood-enhancing compound found in cacao is PEA or phenethylamine, which triggers the release of endorphins and pleasurable opium-like neurochemicals. These often release naturally when we fall in love and during sexual activity. (The only other food on earth that contains PEA is blue-green algae.)
3) Balance Hormonal Mood Swings: Cacao boosts brain levels of serotonin, the feel good brain chemical. When women are experiencing PMS serotonin levels drop dramatically. The benefits of cacao are proven to boost the brain levels of calming hormones and restore feelings of well-being.
4) Protect Your Heart and Prevent Cardiovascular Disease: Flavanols an anti-inflammatory and heart protective antioxidant found in raw cacao may protect against cardiovascular disease, reduce the risk of stroke, and help improve blood circulation.
Cacao contains over 700 compounds and the complex antioxidants found in it known as polyphenols help reduce ‘bad cholesterol’ and prevent hardening of the arteries.
5) The Department of Nutrition at University of California, Davis discovered that cacao thins blood and can prevent blood clots. This finding shows that eating raw cacao can be just as beneficial as taking an aspirin a day.
6) Cacao can prevent premature aging – polyphenol antioxidants found in cacao belong to the same group of antioxidants as green tea and red wine. These anthocyanins (found in dark colored fruits) and catechins (found in green tea) protect our cells from premature oxidation or destruction and can keep us looking and feeling younger longer.
7) Drinking a cup of hot cacao before meals can help you shed fat. This is due to cacao’s MAO inhibitors, which shrink appetite.
8) Create loads of energy and combat fatigue with one of the highest concentrations of magnesium found in this natural food source. Magnesium also helps to protect against osteoporosis, reduces type II diabetes, and lowers blood pressure.
100% Organic Cacao Beans (No Shells)
10-15g per day. Please consult your doctor before taking any nutrient-dense products. Store in a cool, dry place.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 100g
Energy 2499 / 604 kJ/kcal
of which sugars 1g
of which saturates 34.2g
Organic Cacao Nibs are 100% natural and does not contain any additives such as sugars, acids, colorants, preservatives, etc.